Please find important information below so that you can plan accordingly to comply with SUNY Poly’s Fall 2023 semester COVID-19 requirements.
COVID-19 Policy Update
- Beginning Summer of 2023, all SUNY Poly students with an on-campus presence are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to SUNY’s guidance.
- COVID vaccination will no longer be mandatory for attendance.
- Additionally, religious and medical exemptions no longer apply.
- If available from New York State, Rapid test kits will be made available to students through the Wellness Center–Campus Center Office and to employees through Human Resources–Kunsela Hall Office.
- Regular surveillance testing is not planned at this time during the Fall 2023 semester but may be scheduled if conditions warrant it.
- The wearing of masks is optional unless notified otherwise.
- The Wellness Center only requires masking for those with COVID symptoms or symptoms of other communicable diseases or illnesses.
- Individuals returning to campus activities following release from isolation will be expected to follow CDC recommendations for mask-wearing. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html)
- All individuals are expected to be considerate of others’ masking preferences as members of our caring community.
- Anyone traveling to/from the United States should follow CDC guidance at this site.
- We are excited to get the Fall semester underway and continue our combined efforts to support your health and educational success; we will provide any updates on this webpage.
As federal, state, local, and SUNY health guidance changes due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, SUNY Poly’s rules will also evolve as the institution receives new guidance and/or regulations are promulgated. SUNY Poly reserves the right to change its policy in regards to these matters and will provide updates as needed on the SUNY Poly website.