New Student Financial Aid Awards
New accepted undergraduate and graduate students who have filed a FAFSA will receive a financial aid award in the mail.
The financial aid award can also be viewed in the student’s SUNY Poly Banner Web Self Service account. Students must activate and use their “SITNet ID” to login to Banner Web. The SITNet ID activation process includes the creation of a security question and answer, creation of a new password, and acceptance of terms of usage and responsibility. The SITNet ID will be ready to use within one hour of activation.
Once the SITNet ID is activated, follow these instructions to view the financial aid award:
- Go to banner.sunypoly.edu
- Click on Enter Secure Area
- Login using SITNet ID and PIN
- Click on Student & Financial Aid
- Click on Financial Aid
- Click on My Award Information
- Click on Award by Aid Year
- Select appropriate aid year from the pull down menu and click Submit
A PDF of the student’s financial aid award letter is also available in their Banner Web account.
The following are additional resources to assist students in reviewing, understanding, and finalizing their individual financial aid awards.
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Plan (online version)
Understanding Your Financial Aid Plan (pdf version)
- Verification Process Document (pdf) - includes the following:
- 2022-2023 Verification Worksheet for Federal Student Aid Programs
- Instructions for IRS Data Retrieval Tool and Instructions for Requesting an IRS Tax Transcript
- How to Get an IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter
- Federal Direct Loan Borrowing Process for Students & Parents (pdf)
- “Understanding Your Financial Aid Award” Presentation led by SUNY Poly’s Director of Financial Aid
Contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.