(D120) Web Resources
The SUNY Polytechnic Institute's information technology resources are provided to the SUNY Polytechnic Institute community in support of SUNY Polytechnic Institute's education, research, public service and health care missions. Accordingly, the Information Technology department reserves the right to edit content or deny access to any individual or group whose Web page violates any state or federal law or SUNY Polytechnic Institute policy.
University Web Pages
- The SUNY Polytechnic Institute Web Site is a University publication. Unless otherwise indicated, the material (all images and text) on any SUNY Polytechnic Institute Web page is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without written permission.
- Each Web site developed by an academic or administrative unit shall contain the official SUNY Polytechnic Institute logo. These Web pages are SUNY Polytechnic Institute publications, regardless of their location on an Information technology department or department server.
- Each Web site shall identify the name of the primary contact for site creation and maintenance purposes. Subordinate pages must contain a link back to the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Web site.
- The SUNY Polytechnic Institute web site complies with New York State's adoption of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to provide optimal access to all SUNY Polytechnic Institute's Web sites. Web site developers shall apply the most current version of these guidelines in the design, creation and maintenance of any SUNY Polytechnic Institute's Web site.
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute Web pages must provide a clear and explicit disclaimer at the point of transition from SUNY Polytechnic Institute to a student club or a non- SUNY Polytechnic Institute Web site.
Student Club Web Pages
- Only student clubs or groups that are recognized by the Vice President for Student Affairs and in good standing may use SUNY Polytechnic Institute resources to create and maintain Web pages.
- Every Web page shall identify the name of the primary contact for the club and an active e-mail address for that individual or group. These data may be displayed on a separate page if an appropriate link is provided.
- Student club pages are not SUNY Polytechnic Institute publications, so may not include the SUNY Polytechnic Institute logo. The pages must contain or link to a disclaimer that states the Web page contents and the link identifiers are not monitored, reviewed, sponsored or endorsed by SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
- Student club pages may not be used for commercial purposes or political advertising and may not violate any laws, regulations or SUNY Polytechnic Institute policy, including, by way of example only, those laws regarding obscenity, defamation, harassment or copyright infringement.
- These pages should conform to the most current version of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Policy adopted from StonyBrook.edu as of March 1, 2017