What is Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor
Respondus LockDown Browser enables faculty to create exams in Blackboard that are "locked down". This means that when you take a test that requires Respondus you will not go into Blackboard, but you will launch the Respondus Browser. You can download the link to the browser below.You have to use the link below to download the browser.
The Respondus LockDown Browser does the following:
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and network monitoring applications
- Print, Print Screen and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading
- Respondus Monitor is a passive video monitoring component of the service that records video of the student while they take their test. The videos can then be watched at a later date by the instructor if necessary.
If you as an instructor decide to require the Respondus Browser and Monitor tools please inform your students to download and install the browser. Students will need to download the Respondus LockDown Browser and install it on the personal computer they are planning to take the test on. If they do not, they will not be able to take the test.
They will not be able to install it on a university computer. To download the browser - CLICK HERE
Respondus LockDown Browser Instructor Quick Start Guide - CLICK HERE
Rooms the Respondus LockDown Browser application is loaded in.
- Donovan 2107, 1146, G244, 1157, 2147, 1159
- Kunsela Hall room B118, B232
- Library L100, L201
Introduction to Respondus LockDown Browser for Students
You need to DOWNLOAD and INSTALL the Respondus application to take Respondus Tests. CLICK HERE to download.