SUNY Adirondack News Release: SUNY Adirondack, SUNY Poly join forces
SUNY Adirondack News Release
September 22, 2020
Dual Admissions Program to be offered to students in STEAM-based majors
(QUEENSBURY, NEW YORK—Sept. 17, 2020)—SUNY Adirondack and SUNY Polytechnic Institute proudly announce a Dual Admissions Program between the two institutions, granting students accepted to the community college admittance into a bachelor’s degree program at SUNY Poly.
“SUNY Adirondack is committed to providing our students seamless pathways to our four-year partners, including SUNY Polytechnic Institute,” said Kristine Duffy, Ed.D, president of SUNY Adirondack. “We are excited to provide these opportunities for our students accepted in our Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) programs starting in Fall 2021.”
The formal transfer agreement stipulates that students accepted into the program must earn an Associate of Science or Associate of Applied Science degree in a STEAM-based major with a grade point average of at least 2.5 to transfer to a SUNY Poly program within two years of enrolling at SUNY ADK.
The seamless transfer provide students a direct route from SUNY Adirondack degree programs to SUNY Poly bachelor’s programs, including:
- Computer Science, A.S., to Computer and Information Science, B.S.
- Electrical Technology, A.A.S., to Computer Engineering Technology, B.S.
- Electrical Technology, A.A.S., to Electrical Engineering Technology, B.S.
- Engineering Science, A.S., to Civil Engineering, B.S.
- Engineering Science, A.S., to Electrical and Computer Engineering, B.S.
- Engineering Science, A.S., to Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Engineering Science, A.S., to Nanoscale Engineering, B.S.
- Mechatronics, A.A.S., to Mechanical Engineering Technology, B.S.
- Media Arts, A.A.S., to Interactive Media and Game Design, B.S.
To be considered for the Dual Admissions Program, a student must apply through the SUNY ADK application for admission form (available at https://www.sunyacc.edu/apply). Students accepted in this program are required to file the online SUNY Application for Admission (www.suny.edu/applysuny) when they are ready to transfer to SUNY Poly.
Please contact Robert Palmieri, vice president for Enrollment & Student Affairs at Adirondack Community College, email@example.com with any questions.